By K. Ashwin Mob: 09920183006 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fempowerment Women Achievers’ Awards were held at Jamshed Bhabha Theatre, National Centre Performing Arts (NCPA). An initiative by Molecule Communications (Mumbai and New York), it was the second edition of the awards in Mumbai. The awards celebrated the worth and empowerment of women in India, honoring women across 14 categories including science, entrepreneurship, sports, art, education, corporate and entertainment, Special Recognition to a Man by Women.
An eminent and esteemed jury selected the deserving winners in each category based on nominations from all across the nation.
The evening saw distinguished guests from various walks of life, starting from the winners Anuradha Pal, Lina Tipnis, Renutai Gavaskar, Lina Ashar, Kaamna from SOL, Dipika Pallikal specially requested former captain of Indian Women’s Cricket team and Padmashri and Arjuna Awardee Miss Diana to receive the award on her behalf, Namita Gokhale wanted the founder of Fempowerment Kiren Shrivastav to receive the award on her behalf as she was touched with the fact that at Fempowerment Awards; awards are given to real winners and not substituted through presence of the winner in the city. Adil Malia,(Global President HR Essar), Shri Sanjay Dina Patil, Neera Saggi (Former President of Bombay Chambers of Commerce and Industry), Abhay Aima (Country Head HDFC Bank), Suzanne Khan (specially attended for the cause ), Madhur Bajaj, singer Meiyang Chang, Rakesh Bedi, Lyricist Mahimma Bhardwaj (Sister of Vishal Bhardwaj) ,Gagan Sharma (Director Carnival Media), Sanjeev Gupta (MD Global Advertisers), Mr. Shrenik and Mrs. Vidya Zaveri, Singer Somesh Mathur , Mr Vijay Kumar (Deputy Director general , Narcotics control bureau),Mr Dinesh Rajaputhran (Dy Inspector General, Commander Coast Guard ,Maharshtra )and many more were seen at the awards.
With solo heartwarming performance by singer Mitali Singh (of Bhupi-Mitali fame) followed by Shruti Pathak‘s Guzzler’s concert along with a Jugalbandi between both the singers on the famous O Lalmeri entertained the audience. The fashion show by renowned fashion designer Jaya Misra was a visual delight with the grandeur it came across, further styled by Shaina Nath and choreographed by Ms. Alison Woodham. Hosted by Singer Emcee Lyricist Vandana Vadehra and Actor Manasi Varma, Singer Karan Oberoi dedicated a special song to Women which made many women feel further beautiful within, along with the famous Stand Up comedian Sorabh Pant with his special video screening of ‘I am not a woman’, his act and his impromptu one on one with the Founder of Fempowerment Kiren Shrivastav, made the atmosphere euphoric. This made the event a complete niche entertaining experience for everyone. The Fempowerment trophy gave an impetus to each winner and elevated their spirits by making them feel like a true winner!
Speaking on the occasion, Founder, Fempowerment and CEO, Molecule Communications, Ms. Kiren Shrivastav, said: “To start with it’s a great feeling that not only our process and credibility is what everyone respected the awards for; considering the Jury panel and Winners, people truly enjoyed the awards night as it was immaculate with complete entertainment and a blend of all elements. Today, with the awards we are going even further in our quest to make a difference.
Fempowerment Awards will not just be awards but is a cause on this forum to bring the unsung heroes on the forefront and to get jobs for the victims so that they are self sufficient with many more activities planned in the months to come. Genuine winners were the priority in our selection as we did not want to compromise on our winners, the credibility, process and our cause. So as I say Men and Women are not equal they are different. We will continue with our efforts to applaud, motivate, empower and entertain thus create a change and make some difference.”
The winners were selected by an esteemed panel of judges that consisted of achievers from across various fields like
1. Mr. Subhash Chandra – Chairman of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited and Promoter of the Essel Group of Companies;
2. Mr. Ridham Desai: Managing Director, Morgan Stanley India;
3. Mr. Adil Malia: Global President HR, Essar Group of Companies;
4. Mr. Javed Ahmed: Director General of Police (HG , Maharashtra)
5. Mr. Shishir Joshi: CEO, Bombay First
6. Mr. Shrikant Bhasi: Chairman, Carnival Group;
7. Mr. Nagesh Kukunoor: Film Director, Screenwriter and Actor
8. Ms. Aroon Shivdasani: President and Executive Director, Indo-American Arts Council
9. Ms. Neera Saggi: Former President, BCCI (Bombay Chambers of Commerce and Industry)
The award comprised 14 categories with a deserving winner in each.
1) Outstanding Achievement in Literature: Ms. Namita Gokhale
2) Outstanding Achievement in Fine Arts – Painting & Sculpting: Ms. Seema Kohli
3) Outstanding Achievement in Fine Arts – Performance: Ms. Anuradha Pal
4) Outstanding Achievement in Fashion & Design: Ms. Lina Tipnis
5) Outstanding Achievement in Health: Dr. Mrudula Phadke
6) Outstanding Achievement in Sports: Ms. Dipika Pallikal
7) Outstanding Achievement in Entertainment Creative: Ms. Deepika Padukone
Outstanding Achievement in Entertainment Corporate: Ms. Fazila and Ms. Kaamna
9) Outstanding Achievement in Social Contribution: Ms. Renutai Gavaskar
10) Outstanding Achievement in Journalism: Ms. Sumnima Udas
11) Outstanding Achievement in Education: Ms. Lina Ashar
12) Outstanding Achievement in Corporate: Ms. Chitra Ramakrishna
13) Outstanding Achievement – Young Entrepreneur: Ms. Preeta Sukhtankar
14) Special Recognition to a Man by Women: Dr. Abhay Bang
Conceptualized and an Initiative By Molecule Communications
Powered by BIL Energy
Our Digital Partner- The Brand Saloon| Event Managed by Carnival Media Outdoor Partner – Global Advertisers| Stage Partner R-1| Multiplex Partner – abc entertainment| Jewellery Sponsor – Curio Cottage