By K. Ashwin Mob: 09920183006 Email: email@example.com
1. Fahd Khatri: Fahd Khatri creations are predominantly a mix of stylish cuts, rich aesthetics of Indian culture and vibrant hues. Each garment has a personality of its own and is created for both men and women.
The current collection is aimed at the modern Indian woman whose capability to balance traditional and professional goals is flawless. Her sensibilities maybe western, but she glorifies her roots that lie in India. This collection of western wear is enhanced with the Ajrakh print and has a wide range of palazzo pants, jumpsuits and jackets for the free- spirited.
This collection by Fahd can be worn as a combination or as individual pieces to spruce up another outfit. They are apt for causal occasions and adds a spark to your life.
Launched in early 2014, the brand is currently available at limited stores.
2. Pooja Tanveer Chougule: An initiator & self-achiever, Pooja comes with a certified A+ from the Khadi & Village Industries Commission. Trained under Bollywood stylist Ashley Rebello for fashion styling, she has designed for Miss India Wellington, New Zealand.
Her collection “MADE IN INDIA” is made from fabric inspired by the khadi that Mahathma Ghandi’s wore during India’s independence movement of the 1920s. to this unique line, Pooja gives a blend of Indian painting Kalamkari which uses natural colors of traditional India. The collection is retro in style and the garments often feature pleats, box pleats, long length skirts, etc. The fabrics used are more of Tussar Silk, Cotton Khadi, Silk Khadi with Beautifully carved paintings made from natural dyes.
3. Kamal Raj Manickath: Founder of Soucika, Kamal’s designs mainly focuses on bridal wear. Soucika’s fashion studio based in Bangalore at Indiranagar, Koramangala & commercial Street., features a couture line that represents rich traditions and the sparkle of glamour. Understanding the complete needs of a grand wedding, Soucika also designs Indian Ethnic Wear, comprising sarees with rich embroidery and intricate detailing. The fashion studio also designs cocktail, party and pub wear to please our young and dynamic customers, who believe in fashion that is to be worn on your sleeve.
For the spring/summer of 2015, Soucika by Kamal Raj Manickath brings an exclusive bridal wear collection “Kalyanasougandhikam” inspired by the flora of the season. The natural colour palette of watermelon pink, blossom, orchid tint, leaf green, soft lemon, coral pink, pearl white, champagne and the likes, spread over the elaborate hand work of aari, zardozi, appliqué and hand painting on flowy fabrics like chiffons and georgettes. Intricate laces combined with laser cut fabrics, sequins, shimmer and brocades in body pleasing silhouettes are one of the highlights of this collection.
4. Shloka Sudhakar: Known for blending funk, chic and elegance in each outfit , the label was started off by Shloka Sudhakar, a finance graduate turned designer in the year 2013.
Besides having done shows on the national platform Shloka has also been the lead designer and stylist for South Indian movies, TV shows and photoshoots.
The label represents the quintessential “WEAR YOUNG. FEEL YOUNG. STAY YOUNG” and caters to affordable and fine quality Indian clothing with a touch of funk that makes one look young and sassy. Blending funk, chic and elegance with the shades of pink, gold and black, this collection promises funky cuts and the perfect blend of colours in each outfit, the collection has a wide range of casual tunics, lehengas, anarkali gowns and Indian dresses.
5. Suraj & Varsha: The journey of The Dresser Boutique was started by free lance Fashion Designers, Mr Suraj Suvarna & Mrs Varsha Suvarna In Bangalore. Having Expertise In The Field Of Designing & Pattern Making, Suraj and Varsha have the ability to manufacture and produce any design that their Customers. Their collection is inspired by The Western Culture &Indian Culture & a Fusion Of The Same and it showcases Western Designs blended into Indian designs. The Collection Is Infused With The Creative Mixture Of Hand & Machine Embroidery and With The Use Of Variety Of Fabrics. Like Silk, Crepe, Georgette, Satin, Net, Cotton Lycra, Velvet among any others with the Color Palette Of Gold, Black, Blue, Orange, Red, Grey.
6. Ramesh Dembla: A name that is not just synonymous with fashion in Bangalore but with the fashion weeks held throughout the country like Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Rajasthan, Lucknow, Raipur, Vizag, Kolkata, etc. His label “Krishna Dembla” has created a trade mark style that is modern, elegant but not conventional. Designer by choice, Ramesh keeps his fingers on the pulse of the fashion industry and puts together collections that are an instant hit with his loyal patrons.
Some of the Celebrities who have walked for Ramesh Dembla are Akshay Kumar, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Vaun Dhawan, Dino Morea, Jackie Bhagnani among many others. For this fashion week, Ramesh Dembla presents his summer spring collection “Couture Royale” that quintessentially spells haute couture in a regal and sexy fashion. With two of the boldest and most audacious colors in the palette- hot pink and gold- this collection spells opulence in terms of fabrics, with the use of sheer, shimmer.
7. Arjun Khanna: If there is one thing that consistently defines Arjun Khanna, it is his passion for great style. Whether it is his inspired clothing collections, his enviable stable of classic bikes, an impeccably curated selection of vintage curios or his museum-quality interiors, Khanna sees all his creations through the prism of impeccable style.
Over the last two decades, Khanna has played a vital role in defining men’s fashion in India. A non-conformist in every sense of the word, much of his success has to do with bringing something entirely new to masculine style. Timeless with a twist – a mix of rock sensibility and old-school savoir-faire – his signature handwriting has effectively brought contemporary silhouettes to classic tailoring using the finest fabrics.
From master couturier to vintage curator, Khanna remains intimately connected to his avant- garde sensibility – a thread that is finely woven into the fabric of all that he creates. His show in association with MARD M.A.R.D Men against Rape and Discrimination is an initiative by Actor Farhan Akhtar along with Magic Bus and Canvas Talent to bring the equality to the status of women and to give them the respect they deserve from men.
This initiative is a small step towards changing the mind set of people and thereby bringing a sustained change in society. Celebrity supporters like Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan, Arjun Rampal and Ritiesh Deshmukh have all taken the MARD pledge.
8. Snapdeal.com: The ecommerce portal showcased the saree drapingvariants in the most fabulous way.