By Vivek K. Mobile: 09920183006 Email:email@example.com
Infosys Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Infosys, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation for a grant to create a child-friendly village focused towards improving children’s health, providing education and creating a non-violent environment. Infosys Foundation will disburse this grant over the next three years.
The Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation (KSCF), a non-profit organization, envisions a world where every child is free, safe, healthy, educated and has the ability to discover their potential. Kailash Satyarthi has been at the forefront of the global movement to end child slavery and exploitative child labour and was jointly awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2014.
This project will be aimed at creating:
· Child labour free villages
· Benefits for 10,000 children, women and youth through education, vocational training and career counselling
· 100 percent enrolment and retention in schools
· Creation and recognition of a Bal Panchayat (children’s governing body) within the Gram Panchayat (village governing body)
· Zero incidences of child marriage and other social evils in villages
· Improved child protection mechanism in the villages
· Proper water, sanitation and hygiene in the villages
· Awareness about government schemes
For further information, please contact: PR_India@infosys.com