By K Ashwin Mobile:00919920183006 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
CNBC-TV18 has always been committed to creating compelling content, and bringing to its viewers credible news and analysis that is presented incisively and consistently. Budget Verdict: ‘The Infra Ministerial’ was yet another step in furthering this objective. The unique media interface drew out key Budget provisions for the infrastructure sector and outlined their impact for businesses and the common man.
Budget Verdict, a first of its kind of television news initiative by CNBC-TV18 & Mint endeavours to create a unique interface between key decision makers in the government and corporate leaders of India. The second summit in the series – ‘The Infra Ministerial’ was addressed by Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways & Shipping, Nitin Gadkari, Union Railways Minister, Suresh Prabhu and a high powered panel of government officials including the Coal Secretary, Anil Swaroop, the Economic Affairs Secretary, Shaktikanta Das, the Steel Secretary, Aruna Sundarajan and the NHAI Chairman, Raghav Chandra.
The event reached out to a huge number of audiences as it was featured LIVE on CNBC- TV18 and CNN-IBN. The surround via digital play occurred on moneycontrol.com, ibnlive.com and ibnkhabar.com, apart from livemint.com. It was also webcast LIVE on moneycontriol.com and livemint.com.
Social media amplification helped integrate influencers outside of the venue to join the deliberations. Some of the headlines captured and discussed on social media include the below.
Key statements by Suresh Prabhu
- Have a strategy on how Railways should start functioning properly. Am preparing a business plan for the Railways
- Have started freight rationalisation process and expect rates to go down.
- Railways is working on new sources of revenue, essentially non-tariff. Lack of demand in steel, cement sectors is impacting freight revenue
- Structural overhaul underway in decision making. What used to take 2-3 years to be decided in weeks
- Will increase conversion rate of broad gauge lines to 19 km/day by 2019
- Working with Google to monetise data obtained from 7 mn customers
Key statements by Nitin Gadkari
- Constructing an average of about 18 kilometres per day
- Confident of reaching targets in inland waterways, shipping and ports
- Will issue tender for Mumbai-Baroda Express Highway by next month
- Confident that we will add 2 percent of GDP to country’s growth rate
- Vehicle scrapping policy is being finalized
- By May 26 there will be no stalled road projects; in talks with bankers and contractors to fast track
- Expect agri sector to turn around in next 2-3 years
- Want to convert buses to electric, bio-diesel to save costs
The discussion was hosted by CNBC-TV18’s Managing Editor, Shereen Bhan and Mint’s Deputy Managing Editor, Anil Padmanabhan.
Network18 Group is a media and entertainment group with interests in television, internet, films, e-commerce, magazines, mobile content and allied businesses. Through its subsidiary, TV18 Broadcast Ltd. [BSE: 532800, NSE: TV18BRDCST] (“TV18”), the group operates news channels such as CNBC-TV18, CNBC Awaaz, CNBC-TV18 Prime HD, CNN-IBN and IBN7.
TV18 also operates a joint venture with Viacom called Viacom18, which houses a portfolio of popular entertainment channels such as Colors, Colors HD, Rishtey, MTV India, MTV Indies, Comedy Central, Vh1, Nick, Sonic, Nick Jr and Viacom18 Motion Pictures, the group’s filmed entertainment business. TV18 has also forayed into the Indian factual entertainment space through a joint venture with A+E Networks and operates History TV18.
In the regional space, the group operates a Gujarati business news channel – CNBC Bajar, a Marathi general news channel – IBN Lokmat and operates ten regional news channels under the ETV umbrella and five regional entertainment channels under the Colors brand. The group also operates a 24 hour Indian news channel in English – News18 India, targeting global audiences.
TV18 and Viacom18 have formed a strategic joint venture called IndiaCast, a multi-platform ‘content asset monetization’ entity that drives domestic and international channel distribution, placement services and content syndication for the bouquet of channels from the group and third parties. Through ‘Network18 Media & Investments Ltd.’ [BSE: 532798, NSE: Network18], the group operates its digital, publishing and e-commerce assets including moneycontrol.com, ibnlive.com, in.com, news18.com and firstpost.com.
‘Network18′ also operates e-commerce properties like HomeShop18 and bookmyshow.com and publishes Forbes India, the nation’s first local edition of a foreign news magazine in collaboration with Forbes Media. In addition, the group operates Network18 Publishing, a player in the special interest publishing space, which publishes magazines such as Overdrive, Better Photography and Better Interiors. ‘Network18′ also has strategic investments in Yatra, Colosceum, Topper, 24X7 Learning and Ubona. For more information, log on to www.network18online.com