As superstar Salman Khan celebrates his 50th gold jubilee birthday, the time is right to demand that Salman Khan be given the most popular star (superstar???) Filmfare award for 2015. He is truly a man of the masses, for the masses, by the masses. Here are 10 reasons for the same…
1. MOST IMPORTANTLY, UNLIKE OTHER KHAN ACTORS, SALMAN KHAN NEVER SAID THAT INDIA HAS BECOME INTOLERANT. HE HAS SHOWN THE WAY FOR MUSLIMS IN INDIA TO LIVE IN INDIA AND HINDUS IN INDIA TO LIVE WITH MUSLIMS.
2. Two of Salman Khan’s films ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ and ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo’ have earned more than Rs. 1,000 crore on the the Indian film industry box office. This is more than the combined collections of all other stars. He has now given more Rs. 100 crore, Rs. 200 crore, Rs. 300 crore, Rs. 400 crore and Rs. 500 crore films than any other actor.
3. In both the films, Salman Khan didn’t have any action scenes and won the hearts of millions of fans through an emotional connect.
4. In both the films, Salman Khan espoused hard core Indian values such as ‘Athitee devo bhavo’ (Guest is God); one should be good to one’s neighbours; one should love one’s family; relations are made on earth not in heaven; etc. etc.
5. For the first time in many years, Salman Khan played a double role in a film in 2015. For the first time in many years, Salman Khan worked with Sooraj Barjatya in a film in 2015. And fans loved both the characters.
6. Salman Khan didn’t allow his court case related tensions to affect his performance and gave heart-felt performances that captured many people’s hearts, minds and souls.
7. Salman Khan didn’t dominate the screens but played characters in each of his three roles and allowed others including a child artiste to match his screen time frame by frame and even dominate it. The child artiste Harshali seems to have got more screen time than Bajrangi Bhaijaan himself but he allowed her to rule. He even gave screen space to talented actors such as Nawaazuddin Siddiqui in Bajrangi and Deepak Dhobriyal, Swara Bhaskar, Neil Nitin Mukesh and Anupam Kher amongst others in PRDP.
8. Salman Khan portrayed that he was a ‘bhakt’ of popular Indian Gods such as Lord Hanuman and Lord Ram. This is contrary to his off screen persona where he is a Krishna surrounded by lakhs of girls.
9. Hon. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi loves Salman Khan and so do millions of people around the world. Salman Khan is an Indian Robin Hood and he has taught us ‘Being Human’. He also taught Indians and Pakistanis to love in harmony and love each other.
10. Over the years, Filmfare organizers have always been biased against Salman Khan and it’s time they make amends and give him a 50th birthday gift.